So is it former NABF champ Adam Carrera for Abe in July?

By QUINITO HENSON
The Philippine Star

“For Bernabe, it’s like building a house,” said Koncz. “Freddie (Roach) took him in when he was rated No. 40 and now, he’s No. 4. Manny has spent a lot of time with him, transforming Bernabe not just into a good fighter but a good human being. We want to see how he has improved. If he does well in his next bout, he should be able to fight for a world title before the year ends.”

Concepcion is set to face Adam (El Torito) Carrera of Cathedral City, California, in the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito unification welterweight title fight in Las Vegas on July 26.

Carrera, 25, has a 19-3 record, with eight KOs, and lost his last outing to Juan Carlos Burgos on a third round stoppage in August last year. Concepcion, 20, has not lost in his last 18 fights and boasts a record of 25-1-1, with 14 KOs.

Koncz said Concepcion will not challenge IBF super bantamweight champion Steve Molitor of Canada. “Bernabe is being groomed to be another Manny, an exciting slugger,” he went on. “Molitor is a slick fighter like (Juan Manuel) Marquez so the consensus is he’s not a good match for Bernabe because they make for an unexciting fight. We’re awaiting the outcome of the Daniel Ponce de Leon-Juan Manuel Lopez bout for the WBO super bantamweight title. We’ll watch the fight closely to see if Bernabe is ready to challenge the winner.”

Full article here>>>

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: